In the past 5 years, electronic ordering and production of stationery products, marketing tactics and other customized print materials has been one of the largest growth markets in the print industry.
iConcepts’™ online soft proofing system, eProof™, has risen to the forefront of this movement by offering a Web-based system that offers speedy, accurate and user-friendly ordering of print material. But eProof™’s most unique feature is its product output: the system produces QuarkXPress 5.0 files for every ordered product, eliminating the time, expense and delays generated by typesetting and file merges.
For corporations and other users, the eProof™ system eliminates the tedious, back-and-forth proofing process formerly required for even the smallest print jobs. In point of fact, many corporations are establishing their own online stores stocked with marketing materials and other items which sales teams can customize and order for targeted markets and promotions. These “stores,” which iConcepts can add in “container” form to existing web sites and web services, can contain customized graphics, logos and site “skins.”
For users, the shopping experience is pleasurably simple. They enter their secured store using pre-established usernames and passwords. Once inside, visitors can “shop” for their stationery and marketing supplies. After selecting an item for order, shoppers view the item, enter replacement text into the product and, one mouse click later, preview an online “soft proof” of their order.
Users may preview and edit their product as often as necessary. Once the item is approved and ordered, the system produces a print-ready final proof, along with a .jpg image of the product, and saves it in QuarkXPress 5.0. The result: the printer downloads the product file, produces the order and ships it without delay. No typesetting or product merges required!
The eProof™ system operates using both Windows and MacIntosh environments. The client stores reside in a Windows environment; all product files are processed in QuarkXPress 5.0 on a MacIntosh server.
- User-friendly administrative screens that can be managed by the service provider or by iConcepts™, Inc.
- Notification system that sends alerts when product inventories drop below established levels.
- Reporting screens that permit view of orders by order number, store, year-to-date and other sorts.
- Customization of client stores with company logos, graphic, or frame overlays from other sites.
- Controlled access to stores through secured username/password.
- Order tracking screens with links to shipper sites for easy order tracking.
- Client approval screens to permit monitoring/authorizing of orders.